DEF CON 31 HHV CTF Announcement
by rare03 August 2023
The DEF CON Hardware Hacking Village CTF is back again and slated to begin in just over a week! In preparation for the event, we’ve assembled a list of supplies that could be helpful in solving the various challenges.
What to bring:
- Microcontroller/development board with 3.3V IO
- It’s very important the board uses 3.3V for IO! anything with 5V IO, such as Arduino UNOs, will not work with our challenges.
- Logic analyzer
- UART to TTL converter (3.3V)
- Mini-grabber/mini-hook cables
- Soldering iron
- We do provide irons, but they are first come, first served
- Jumper wires
This is not a complete list, and it’s not guaranteed you’ll use all these supplies. These are just things that have traditionally been useful for solving our challenges so we’re suggesting them. We’ll try to have some of these supplies available for participants to use, but we cannot guarantee anything.
We look forward to hacking with you all next week!